The POD Answer Place
Questions? Of course you have questions:
Unless you've done this before (and many a would be author/publisher never has), you not only have questions, in many cases you're not even sure what to ask. You might even feel uncomfortable asking questions because you don't want to sound like a noobie and ask a dumb question. But if you've never done this before, how could you expect to know the right questions to ask?
All you know is that you want to publish your book and you want to make quality decisions that will keep profit in your pocket.
You may be looking for someone to answer a few questions about:
- The pros and cons between tranditional and self-publishing
- The best type of self-publishing to use
- How much self-publishing will cost when all the expenses are added up
- What technology you need to know to make this happen
- How to work with Lightning Source (or other presses)
- and many more!
And you do have questions, maybe lots of questions...
Because the more you search on the Internet, the more confused you become. Why? Because there is a lot of conflicting information out there. Since most sites are are soley interested in what they can do for you, you often receive a skewed view of what might really be best for your book in your particular situation.
Print on Demand Consulting Packages
1 Quick Call:
Up to 15 minutes of conversation about self-publishing. Schedule here
1 Extended Call:
Up to 60 minutes of conversation. $97.00
5 Calls plus email access: Each call up to 30 minutes of conversation, plus quick email exchanges in between. $349.00
Add Ons - File Review:
Review of your files for compliance with Lightning Source. $97.00
What to expect during a call:
During your call you can ask anything about publishing your book that you want. It will be answered honestly based on the industry today (and it is always changing). You may not always like the answer, but you will, at least, have the information you need to make a quality decision. There is also no guarantee that every question has an answer and therefore all call plans are non-refundable. However, with 12+ years of experience in the print-on-demand field, over 20 years working with authors and the publishing industry, and a wide experience in web design and internet marketing, you are likely going to find guidance and knowledge on most anything you need to know about publishing your book.
Please note! Your call cannot be extended beyond the scheduled time due to other obligations, so be sure to pick the appropriate time frame you need. If you are in doubt about the quality of the call, read through the comments on my websites (this site and at PODbookDesigns) to gain a general idea of what other people are saying about my services and knowledge.
Set up your plan in three easy steps:
1. Select and pay for your plan. (Pay via the Paypal buy now button, via credit card when you call, or mail a check. Payment must be received before the call.)
2. Schedule a time.
3. Send an email stating the general premise for your call.
Contact us for complete details. Pricing is subject to change without notice.
In the past twelve years I've learned that every author and book is unique.
Clients are often amazed when they receive detailed, personal emails. They comment on how they are not some canned response cut and pasted for a quick reply. This would never work because your book and your publishing journey is unique to you. Authors are very unique in what they want to know. Moreover, the best time to answer a question is when the author is in the midst of that situation.
Here are some things you might want to know more about:
- Is self-publishing right for me and my book?
- What should I be aware of if I am using an Author Services publishing company that could derail my whole project?
- Should I let a publisher provide me with an ISBN or should I buy my own, and if I buy my own, should I buy 1 or 10?
- Is my work safe? How do I copyright it?
- Is it okay to use a poem, song, graphic, or other item I found on the Internet?
- How do I know what the appropriate price is to charge for my book?
- What do I need to know about ebooks that could make or break my sales?
- (I know you have many more!)
In additon, if you are planning to do the labor yourself, you may have technical questions about the best software to use, the least expensive way to create your product (with the least amount of stress!) or how to ensure your graphics will correctly reproduce.
If you're hiring a professional to format your book, you might also want to know:
- How do I choose a designer? What should I look for?
- What problems might I come across if I use an all-in-one provider?
- What is the one most important thing to know about cover design?
- Are there hidden costs I should be aware of before I buy?
Wouldn't it be great if there were someone you could call to ask any or all of these questions, or those that are most important to you—right now? (There is.)
I've put together a selection of call-me (or email) packages designed for every budget and need. Just have a couple of quick questions? Try my Quick Call package. Need ongoing help while you navigate these new and uncharted waters? There is a package for that too. Getting the advice you need is now just a phone call (or email) away.
For the past twelve years I've been designing books and working with authors who want to publish their own books, authors just like you. Most had never done this before and needed to know how to produce a quality book while keeping as much profit as possible.
Since my busy schedule does not permit me to personally design everyone's book, I now offer consulting packages so I can help as many authors as possible.
If you have questions about self-publishing, click the link below to select the call or email package that is right for you.